- Understand DevOps as a practice, methodology and process for fast collaboration, integration and communication between Development and Operations team.
- Master Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery, Configuration Management and Continuous Monitoring.
- Become an expert on technologies such as GIT. Maven, Chef, Puppet & more.
- Automate and increase the speed of productivity with reliability.
WHY SHOULD YOU LEARN DevOps?
In a fast-paced IT environment, the need for frequent updates for applications has increased significantly, often creating a tussle between developers and operational teams, thereby decreasing efficiency. The DevOps approach integrates developers and operations team to improve collaboration and productivity. DevOps engineers have an end-to-end responsibility, from gathering the required sources for development, testing, infrastructure deployment and monitoring the software development lifecycle. They are also required to gather feedback from the end-users and implement changes when required to. This continuous process of software development lifecycle has increased the demand for DevOps engineers to a greater extent as they are considered as experts in a multitude of technologies.
1. Introduction to DevOps
- SDLC models,Lean,ITIL,Agile
- DevOps Stakeholders
- DevOps Goals
- Configuration management
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
2. Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Cloud implementation models
- Cloud service models
- Advantages of cloud computing
- Concerns of cloud computing
- Installing GIT
- GIT essentials
- Servers and Nodes
- Chef Configuration
- Environments, Users and AAttributes
- Knife configuration
5. Puppet for Configuration Management
- Installation and Configuring Puppet
- Puppet Master and Puppet Language Basics
- Example Code
- Puppet Forge
6. Jenkins for CI/CD
- Jenkins Architecture
- Build Deployments
- Securing Jenkins
7. Docker for DevOps
- Docker Architecture
- Docker Hub
- Custom images
- Docker Networking
- Docker Compose
1. GIT Source Management
In this project, you’ll use GIT to keep track of meal guidelines for animals at the Manhattan Zoo based on the meal regimens provided:
Zookeeper Intern Onboarding:
1. California Sea Lions
Meal: 40 lbs. salmon, 40 lbs. herring, 20 lbs. Northern Anchovy, 20 lbs. Octopus
Times: 6:00 am, 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm
Directions: Leave buckets for the trainer at 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm, otherwise, follow standard protocol.
2. Ring-tailed Lemurs
Meal: 10 bags Tamarind pods
Times: 6:00 am, 3:00 pm, 8:00 pm
Directions: Empty bags over meadow area during designated times”
Deploy a web server to an acceptance environment.
3. Configuration Management
Creating a development environment and adding nodes to it. Automate code deployments to the Puppet Master
4. Create an Elastic Load Balancing Load Balancer
- Use an Amazon CloudWatch Metric
- Create a Launch Configuration and Auto Scaling Group
- Create a Scaling Policy
5. CI/CD with Jenkins
Build a Continuous Integration along with Maven and Jenkins. Create a Maven-Jenkins based Project. Run the Workspace.
What do you gain from IIHT’s Blended Learning ?
IIHT’s learning model is integrated with the latest Learning trends to ensure that the audience remains engaged and their overall learning experience is flexible, convenience and productive. What more? We provide you a unique and engaging content on a user friendly and immersive learning platform that helps you to not only attend the training sessions, but watch Learning videos, read Learning Materials, interact with fellow students, write to the faculty members, practice labs, 24×7 support from a single window that makes learning effective. The assignments and assessments designed as part of the course ensures you develop right capability to prove your worth in your existing job or with prospective employer. Our state of the art learning system helps you to connect with fellow learners who are mostly working professionals that helps you to learn through collaboration and knowledge sharing.